Halogen Bulb - 2 Pin (G5) - 12V 20W - Sealed Dichroic
DescriptionLong Life 12 Volt Halogen Dichroic Lamp - 20 Watt
Expected life around 4000 hours use. ~40° beam.
- High quality dichroic reflector which absorbs heat and UV-radiation
- Quartz capsule of halogen burner features UV stop for additional UV protection (as per IEC 60432)
- Colour temperature of 3000°K
- MR16 lamps with an integrated flat glass cover can be used in open fittings to AS/NZS 60598:2001
- For domestic and commercial accent, task and decorative lighting
- Display and picture lighting
- Suitable for use indoors and in protected exterior applications
- Glass covered lamps may be used in open luminaires to IEC 60598
The life expectancy is a guide only and can be influenced by a number of factors - mainly operating voltage.
These bulbs are made to operate in 12.0 Volts and not on typical battery voltage (about 12.6 Volts for a fully charged 12V battery). According to one authoritative source, life expectancy is decreased to 50% by 5% over voltage (eg: 0.6V on 12V) and by about 75% by 10% over voltage.
On a 'normal' solar system this is usually not too big a problem because with line losses, the operating voltage on load at night will probably be down to around 12.4 volts or less. On the other hand, if you turn on these lights during the day (when the solar panels are charging), or if you have a wind, hydro or generator back up at night, you could be subjecting the bulbs up to say 15.0 volts!
If you run your halogens off a relatively cheap/old transformer type converter from 240V, you can get over voltage if one bulb burns out or you use less wattage bulbs than specified by the transformer.
Replace any failed bulbs promptly!
Reflector: Dichroic coating
Base: Bi-Pin (G5)
Weight: 0.05 Kilograms