Battery Charge Equaliser - 24 Volt to 12 Volt - 25A
DescriptionThe REDARC 25 Amp Battery Charge Equalisers is designed to operate 12V equipment from a 24V system, without the need to buy another 12V battery. It allows you to 'tap' into the 12V from the lower battery of your 24V system without flattening the lower battery or overcharging the upper battery. Alternatively, you can also charge (max. 25 amp) another 12 volt auxiliary battery from your vehicle's alternator, without interfering with the 24 volt system.
The Charge Equaliser operates in a two battery 24V DC negative earth system. The Output Voltage of the Charge Equaliser is regulated to half the Input Voltage. 12V power is available from the lower battery in a 24V system via the centre tap (bridging link). The Charge Equaliser ensures that the voltage across the lower 12V battery (i.e. the battery whose negative is connected to ground) is equalised to the voltage across the upper 12V battery in the 24V bank.
It has the advantage of drawing power from a battery rather than through a current limited device, like a voltage reducer. This allows for a much larger peak current draw.
- Designed to keep your 24 volt batteries equally charged
- Reduce down time and running costs by extending battery life
- Peak load currents are limited only by the battery
- Designed for Australia's Harsh Conditions
- Based on the award winning BCDC Platform
- High peak current capability
- Input isolation
- Fast transient response
- Sealed and suited for commercial applications
Weight: 1.06 Kilograms
|Battery Charge Equaliser - 24 Volt to 12 Volt - 25A|
|No load current||<100mA|
|Max output current||25A|
|Operating temperature||-20°C to +80°C|
|Dimensions (mm)||150 x 120 x 37|
- 1: REDARC CE25-40 Instruction Manual (191kB)