E-News Issue #123
Federal Carbon Trading
As you are no doubt aware, the government’s 5% is a big disappointment in terms of setting a meaningful carbon reduction target. The news gets worse in that any effort you make to reduce your carbon footprint by installing a solar system, insulating your roof etc does not really make any difference to the ‘big’ picture because the target includes your personal effort and your electricity reduction means the utility needs less Renewable Energy Certificates to emit their pollution.
Although no feed in tariff has been announced to date in NSW those for the other states are as follows:-
ACT 62c gross
VIC 60c nett with a 2kW cap
SA 44c nett
QLD 44c nett
We suggest you voice your concerns to the NSW Deputy Premier about the lack of progress on a NSW FIT. She originally announced in November that a FIT would be implemented by the end of January.
Power Usage of Solar Evacuated Tube Hot Water System
I recently had my ’30 tube, 250 litre’ hot water system installed. These have a small circulating pump in the system. Preliminary data for my 1 adult usage pattern indicate an average power usage of about 120Wh/day for the pump and controller which is pretty minimal. I will update this figure next month. If you have any data to share in this regard, please let me know.
Unfortunately prices continue to rise on imported goods because of our dollar devaluation. Johnson Pumps have just gone up substantially and Sundaya prices are about to go up in a month. Our web shop prices are always up to date. Trade customers should email our office for an up to date Price List when required. Upon request we can enable your Trade account in our web shop so you can see Trade prices on line.
Don’t forget that the current rebate for grid feed systems is decreasing from about $9000 to $5000 after 30th June so lodge your application now!
Selectronic SP-PRO Range
Selectronic have released the 'stand alone' versions of their SP-PRO range in 24Volt (3.5kW) and 48Volt (4 and 6kW). Grid Feed/back up versions are coming soon. More information on SP-Pro Inverters.
- Interactive Inverter Charger with grid feed ability
- Advanced thermal techniques provide excellent high temperature performance
- 63 amp AC transfer switch with anti-chatter protection
- Grid feeds with excess renewable Grid Lockout setting can allow battery charging Off Peak
- Automatic changeover when grid fails without using a second inverter
- Five stage battery charging with dual float points and adjustable temperature compensation
- Battery mid point monitoring with automatic equalisation
- Plug and play or fully configurable via computer
- Eighteen months of logged daily totals
- Four months of sampled data at 30 minute sample rateAdjustable 30/15/10/5/1 minute sample rate
- Easy to use configuration/monitoring software supplied standard
- Partial state of charge control can minimise generator run time
- Superbly quiet
- 4 x addressable relay outputs and 2 x analogue inputs
- 2 x user definable shunt inputs
- Low battery shutdown override in case of emergency
- External solar regulator bypass function
- 2 x serial ports with power for accessories
- Variable speed fan with service alert
- Lifetime monitored capacitors with service alert
- 7 year warranty
- 100% Australian designed and manufactured
- Field serviceable modular design
Cheers from Dave and all the RPC crew.
Dave Lambert (Director)
- Issue #92 - 06/12/2005
- Issue #91 - 15/11/2005
- Issue #90 - 20/10/2005
- Issue #89 - 29/09/2005
- Issue #88 - 01/09/2005
- Issue #87 - 29/07/2005
- Issue #86 - 04/07/2005
- Issue #85 - 03/06/2005
- Issue #84 - 05/05/2005
- Issue #83 - 01/04/2005
- Issue #82 - 03/03/2005
- Issue #81 - 23/02/2005
- Issue #80 - 02/02/2005
- Issue #79 - 05/01/2005