Installation | Off-Grid Solar Street Light
The off-grid public lighting system is supplied as a DIY kit. Australian regulations do not require a licensed electrician for 12V DC wiring. Rainbow Power Company still recommends that you get a professional to install your street light (find an accredited solar installer).
You may also need development approval (DA) prior to installation - please check with your local council. And remember - whatever you do - dial before you dig.
One Hole, One Pole - Job's Done
- Dig a hole 450mm in diameter x 1.1 metres deep
- Place base in hole and back fill with concrete
- Place the battery in the base
- Fix the pole onto one side of the base, assemble and test operation
- Place the pole into the upright position
- Tighten up all four bolts on the base of the light
- The finished job, ready to go to work