Fluoro Inverter - Electronic Ballast - 24 Volt - 20 WattProduct discontinued
Description24 Volt, 20 Watt "Fluoro Inverter"
This fluoro inverter (also known as electronic ballast) allows the use of a single 240V fluorescent tube in a 24 volt DC power system. Slim design for retrofitting in existing fluoro battens.
Suitable for one T8 Tube (diameter about 25mm) - not suitable for T5 (thin tubes).
The T5 is the newest technology and is more expensive than the T8 in many applications. The 5 number indicates the diameter of the bulb in eighths of an inch. So, a T8 is 8/8 inches in diameter, or 1 inch, and the T5 is 5/8 inch.
- Sinewave - high efficiency with low current drain
- Protection against reverse polarity connection
- Connection to both input and output via screw terminals located on PCB
- Compact and lightweight aluminium heatsink construction
- Pre-punched slots at either end of heatsink for ease of installation
- Fluorescent tube rating: 18-20W
- Operating voltage: 20-30V DC
- Full load current 0.49A
- Dimensions (mm): 110(L) x 40(W) x 30 (H)
1. Disconnect the battery supply before contact with any component of the Inverter
2. Ensure that the wire used for connecting the inverter has an insulation rating of minimum 240 volt
3. When wiring, use an in-line fuse holder with a fuse (2A for 24V) and place in the positive line
4. Ensure that the two (2) filaments (one either end) on the tube are connected to the module connectors as marked (i.e. F1 and F2)
5. Check that polarity is not reversed (positive to negative etc) and that correct input voltage is applied
6. Mount in a well ventilated area
7. Locate the inverter as close as possible to fluoro tube
Note: We recommend the use of fibre washers with locating screws (if screws are being used) when securing module. If metal washers are used, ensure they (or any other metal surface e.g. screwdriver) DO NOT touch transistors. If transistors are shorted, damage to the module may result which void warranty.
Weight: 0.12 Kilograms