Hybrid InvertersSolar Inverters Battery Inverters Inverter/Chargers Hybrid Inverters
Hybrid inverters combine the functionality of a solar inverter and a battery inverter.
A hybrid inverter is usually configured to maximise one's self-consumption of the energy produced by your solar system. The hybrid inverter ensures that:
- Solar energy is used directly from the panels when the demand exists
- Solar energy is used to charge the battery when there is no demand
- Battery energy is used to supply the house during periods of peak demands, or at night
- Grid energy is used as a last resort
- Solar energy is exported as a last resort
Some hybrid inverters also turn into an Emergency Power Supply during a blackout. It is advisable to have a dedicated circuit for such emergencies as most batteries in hybrid systems would be too small to handle everything in the house.
Some hybrid inverters even include a built-in battery which will reduce installation time and also looks less cluttered.