Victron Automotive IP65 Charger - 12 Volts - 4 Amps
DescriptionAutomotive battery charger
Less maintenance and aging when the battery is not in use: the Storage Mode
The storage mode kicks in whenever the battery has not been subjected to discharge during 24 hours. In the storage mode float voltage is reduced to 13.2 V to minimise gassing and corrosion of the positive plates. Once a week the voltage is raised back to the absorption level to 'equalise' the battery. This feature prevents stratification of the electrolyte and sulphation, a major cause of early battery failure.
Protected against overheating and reverse polarity connection
The output current will reduce as temperature increases up to 40°C, but the charger will not fail. Output relay protects against reverse polarity connection.
Five LED's for status and mode indication
When connected to the AC supply the STAND-BY LED will turn on. No voltage will be present at the output. After connection to a battery (battery voltage must exceed 8.5V), a choice can be made out of three charge profiles with the MODE button:
1. Current limited to 0.8A and 14.4V absorption voltage. The red LED <14Ah will be on.
2. Current 4A and 14.4V absorption voltage. The red LED >14Ah will be on.
- Flooded, AGM or GEL batteries. Ambient temperature 10-35°C.
3. Current 4A and 14.7V absorption voltage. The red LED COLD will be on.
- Flooded, AGM or GEL batteries. Ambient temperature below 10°C, or batteries requiring a higher charge voltage (OPTIMA spiral cell batteries for example).
Depending on the application, clamps, eyelets or a cigarette plug (all included) can be connected to the charger.
Weight: 1.55 Kilograms
|Victron Automotive IP65 Charger - 12 Volts - 4 Amps|
|Input voltage range||200 - 265V AC|
|Charge voltage 'absorption'||14.4 or 14.7V DC|
|Charge voltage float'||13.6V DC|
|Charge voltage 'storage'||13.2V DC|
|Charge current (Mode 1)||0.8A|
|Charge current (Mode 2 + 3)||4A|
|Operating temperature range||-20 - +40°C|
|230V AC connection||1.5m with AS/NZ plug|
|Dimensions (mm)||42(H) x 61(W) x 185(D)|