Recent research of our records at Rainbow Power Company has revealed some amazing numbers. It turns out that RPC has installed 4 Megawatts (4,000,000 Watts) of solar panels in the last 20 years. So, what does that mean?
It means that those panels have generated 70 Gigawatt hours (70,000,000 Kilowatt hours) of electricity. That's enough to power 10,655 average Australian homes for a year, saving 49,194 tonnes of Greenhouse pollution from entering our atmosphere!
THAT'S EQUIVALENT TO THE GREENHOUSE GAS POLLUTION FROM:
- 10,391 passenger vehicles driven for one year, or
- 188,642,949 kilometres driven by an average passenger vehicle, or
- 14163 tonnes of waste recycled instead of going to landfill, or
- 2230 rubbish trucks of waste recycled instead of going to landfill.
OR THE CARBON DIOXIDE POLLUTION FROM:
- 20,954,287 litres of petrol consumed, or
- 23,811,340 kilograms of coal burned, or
- 651 tanker trucks' worth of petrol, or
- 5195 average US homes' total energy use for one year, or
- 7264 average US homes' electricity use for one year, or
- 1,743,861incandescent lamps switched to LEDs, or
- 113,895 barrels of oil consumed, or
- 2,011,050 gas cylinders used for home barbeques.
Source: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.